- Bank of Maharashtra plans to raise Rs 2,000 crore via QIPon June 13, 2021 at 5:34 am
Bank of Maharashtra has decided to float a Rs 2,000-crore qualified institutional placement (QIP) of equity shares next month. The public sector lender has received approval from its shareholders for the capital raise last year.
- Centre may front load capital provisioning for PSBs this yearon June 13, 2021 at 5:29 am
As the Central government draws a plan to privatise at least two public sector banks (PSB) this fiscal, it has also decided to front load capitalisation of state-owned banks so that the balance sheets of some of these entities are strengthened ahead of possible sale.
- Forex reserves cross $600 billion for first time on foreign flowson June 12, 2021 at 11:03 am
The country’s forex reserves crossed the $600-billion mark for the first time on the back of continued foreign investment flow into the capital markets. According to the RBI, forex reserves increased by $6.8 billion in the week ended June 4 to $605 billion.
- Yes Bank to raise Rs 10,000 crore via debt securitieson June 12, 2021 at 9:49 am
The private sector lender, Yes Bank, has approved seeking shareholders’ nod for raising up to Rs 10,000 crore via different debt securities including but not limited to non-convertible debentures, bonds and medium-term notes.
- Bank of Maharashtra tops PSU banks in terms of loan, deposit growthon June 11, 2021 at 11:11 am
The bank’s asset quality improved significantly as the gross bad loans or gross Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) dipped to 7.23 per cent of gross advances by the end of March 2021 as against 12.81 per cent by the same period of 2020.