- RBI proposes uniform regulatory framework for microfinance sectoron June 15, 2021 at 3:10 am
The Reserve Bank on Monday proposed a uniform regulatory framework for the microfinance sector, wherein MFIs can provide collateral-free loans to households at board-determined interest rates.
- New auditors: RBI clarifies on tenure, eligibility normson June 15, 2021 at 2:49 am
The central bank on April 27, 2021, had issued a circular on ‘Guidelines for appointment of statutory central auditors (SCAs)/statutory auditors (SAs) of commercial banks (excluding RRBs), UCBs and NBFCs (including HFCs)’.
- Regulators to look into PNB Housing Fin’s plan to raise Rs 4,000 crore from Carlyle, other entitieson June 14, 2021 at 11:59 am
concerns of minority shareholders, corporate governance and others regulatory aspects would be looked into by RBI and Sebi.
- Huge drop in collection efficiency across retail asset classes; projected improvement to start in June: ICRAon June 14, 2021 at 11:27 am
Securitisation volumes are projected to remain sluggish in Q1 FY2022 due to the disruption created by the second wave of the pandemic, as well as a recurrence of investor concern about asset quality and future cash flows.
- Piramal avoids Patanjali route, gets foreign lenders to fund DHFL buyon June 14, 2021 at 8:41 am
Piramal’s DHFL buy will be mainly funded by Barclays and Standard Chartered. unlike in the case of Ruchi Soya. The Rs 4,350 crore acquisition of Patanjali Ayurved was mainly funded by the very banks that took a 52% haircut on their earlier Ruchi Soya loans.